Here it is, Wednesday, December 31st, 2014, and although I'm not a fan of "I'm gonna start something on January 1st" mentality, because I try to think of every day is a new opportunity (at least theoretically), I somehow find myself wanting to start a blog. The day before January 1st. How ironic.
Well, if any of you know me and blogs, particularly Holly, Sami, Kat, and Kat, you know that I have tried this blog venture before. I have even said "I'm back for good this time!" oh probably at least 5 times? maybe more. Dates all the way back to my Xanga days in College. "Kathryn is funny". Yes. but somehow, all those times, although in my head I felt a longing to blog, in my heart it was never truly settled.
But THIS time, I don't know, my desire to blog and online journal literally feels different inside. I feel a call from God to journal, not for fame or glory (can you really become Glorious from a blog?) but for a lasting memory for myself, my friends, my family, and my future family. That being said, whoever happens to stumble across this little nugget of my life treasure, feel free to come back, and bring your friends. Life is about faith, love, joy, and connecting. No matter where you are in this world (my world of Texas, or broadly speaking), I welcome you. Say hi, comment, or just read.
Currently, I am "gloriously" celebrating an opportunity to deny myself and follow the Lord, as a Christmas gift of the flu and soon after a follow up with left lower lobe pneumonia. WHOA! yep. As you will find out in my future posts, I am a pediatric nurse. And as a nurse, I have to tell you, despite the countless patients I have taken care of with the flu and pneumonia, I never gave the disease process in the body enough credit. It truly takes you over. Not in a "I'm complaining" manner, but in a you-cant-help-but-feel-awful-and-it-takes-over-your-body-without-you-trying manner. Blessedly, I am starting to feel better than last week when I was diagnosed, but still taking meds, coughing, exhausted, and resting 24/7, per doctors orders. Maybe a lot of info the first post about my health? Eh. its Me.
Why am I so motivated for the new year? New beginnings. This year of 2014 has brought multiple deaths to the family, cancer scares, unexpected surgeries, hospital admissions, job losses, anxiety, depression, and illnesses. Despite our struggles, there have been so many joys that at times I personally have overlooked; Joys including opportunities to travel, reunite with my friends and family, random moments of laughter, learning to be a better cook, exploring, and the most significant joy in 2014 was my engagement to the one whom my soul loves, Mike. God has been present just as much in the dark times as in the LIGHT, and I have been the one that has wavered. I look forward to a new year of LIGHT, LOVE, JOY, growth in FAITH, and goal-achieving moments!
Come Join me on this Journey! CHEERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment